Thursday, February 16, 2012

Monkey Cave and a Massage

This time I (Lori) will start with the words and Bram will fill in with pictures.

Started out my day with a jog while Bram got some much needed sleep. Took our time getting ready then headed over to La Cueva del Chango (Monkey Cave) for breakfast. This is a very popular breakfast place among tourists. The ambience is nice, with a lot of trees and a water feature with turtles and fish in the middle of the restaurant.



We shared 2 kinds of crepes: sweet with fruit, yogurt and granola; savoury chicken with poblano strips. Both were tasty.





Spent a little time on the beach.


Nicest day so far, but the clouds rolled in about an hour into our stay so we decided to search for a massage. In Playa you can pretty much throw a rock from anywhere and hit a massage stand, so it's pretty easy to strike a deal. We did so at a stand on the beach... 2 massages, an 1 hour for each of us for just under $50. Oh... my... goodness. It's possibly one of the best massages I've had. I'm not sure if it's validating or concerning that the woman said to me about 3 minutes in: "Lady, you have a lot of bad knots in your back." I asked her to please make them go away and she proceeded to do her best. I think at that rate I will be back a few times before the end of my stay. Bram also enjoyed his, but I don't think he's as desperate for massages as I am.

I wasn't very hungry for dinner, so we decided to go back to Taqueria Kebab so we could just choose small things, or many small things for Bram. A young guy at a table next to us commented to me, "I don't know how you can watch and smell those tacos without eating them." Well, I'd had one, and was full. We told him it was our second night in a row eating there, and he told us it was his 6th time in 3 days!

3 comments:

  1. I love living vicariously through you two.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reactions alone make doing this blog worth it! :)

      Delete