Friday, February 17, 2012

Too much sun and forbidden snacks

Lori: All week has been a little overcast, so we have spent very little time at the beach. It's been fine, and I'm thankful that I'm here long enough that I don't feel like it's a week wasted. But today... SUN! Lots of it. So after our 3 mile jog we packed up and headed to the beach. Bram wore 60 SPF and I wore 8. We were only there a couple of hours, but the rays were intense, leaving even Bram with a bit of pink spots... so you can imagine what my meager 8 SPF left me with. Oops. Shoulda stuck with the 15 for a bit longer.

Then off to find a snack, and decided on Little Terry's Pork Place. It's a little taco stand that serves fried pork in various forms, including the stomach, skin and meat. Below are the shared tacos with pork that had bits of skin still attached, garnished with fried pork rinds, or as they call them here, chicharrones. Don't tell my doctor!

Picture by Bram.

1 comment: