Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ribs & Suds VI

Six years running, Don & Deb have organized a "Peep Meet" at Manne's Biergarten. I'm thinking some explanation explanation is required here. First, a Peep Meet is a gathering of people (peeps) of the same feather; in this case, folks who love Playa, are in town at the time, many of whom frequent a Playa del Carmen discussion forum. Second, yes, there is a German beer garden in Playa del Carmen! Owned by ex-pat Germans, Manne and Susie, this little restaurant/bar is frequented by many tourists and local ex-pats.

I've managed to be here for 4 of the 6 annual Ribs & Suds nights. It's unfortunate that iPhones really don't take very good low light photos. That said, here is a group of us at a traditional beer garden communal table and wooden bench.

And here is our annual tres chicas photo: Kari, me and Dee Dee. Love those gals! Hmm... I need to get a close up of that necklace I'm wearing, a new bauble that I got here from a local artist's table. Look how blonde my hair gets after just a couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Hopefully I'll be down there at the right time one of these years.

    ReplyDelete